We strive to be a 'peace-full' school that our whole community can be proud of, where we work together (share) through mutual reliance and support (trust) so that all can fulfil their potential (aspire) in a world where everyone's God-given talents, skills and experiences are recognised and valued (respect).
‘Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing’
1 Thessalonians 5:11
We recognise that every child is a unique person, and our aim is to help all our children develop further into the people God creates them to be. Through encouraging their personalities, and valuing their interests, we seek to grow grounded individuals with a love of learning, confidence in themselves, and deep understanding of the importance of community. Whilst they are in our care we will do our utmost to ensure that every child grows in wisdom and stature, in the eyes of all. We want our children to leave this school well-equipped – academically, emotionally, and spiritually – to make their distinct mark on the world, and able to bring their particular talents to bear in making it a better place.
We will do this by:
- Living out our Ripley STAR ideals, to Share, Trust, Aspire, and Respect
- Knowing each child individually, and valuing and encouraging them as a unique child of God, of whom He is especially fond.
- Ensuring a working and learning environment that is respectful, caring, and supportive, in which all members of our school community are free to express who they are, and achieve all they can.
- Delivering a rich, and inter-connected curriculum of learning across all subjects, in a well-maintained and stimulating environment.
- Monitoring each child’s progress, to support the production of individually tailored learning plans and objectives, and lesson construction.
- Prioritising emotional, physical, and spiritual health and wellbeing alongside academic success.
- Not being afraid of challenges, and encouraging all members of our school community to recognise the importance of resilience, and growth in the face of adversity.
- Providing opportunities for our students to engage with the wider church and world, through extra-curricular activity, and charity work.
- Rigorous and thorough monitoring of our school by our committed team of governors, who will hold the head teacher and staff to account.
Our Christian Values:
Share: Generosity, Friendship, Service
Trust: Truthfulness, Trust, Friendship, Justice, Forgiveness
Aspire: Courage, Perseverance, Thankfulness
Respect: Compassion, Friendship, Justice, Thankfulness, Respect, Forgiveness